A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Scientist will evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others, and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Perform operations, ensuring quality expectations are met throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g. maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate in quality audits
- Identify & improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles in compliance with change control procedures under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Wear personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing
- Lift and/or push up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related Life Science discipline OR High School Diploma or GED equivalent with 3+ years of working in a laboratory environment within the life sciences industry
- 1+ year of independent lab experience
- Ability to manage process
- Familiarity with ELISA, Multiplex, or SMC assays
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219686
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time