About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 17 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
LifeMoves | Julian Street Inn provides emergency and transitional housing for adults working to overcome homelessness and serious mental illness. Julian Street Inn houses 85 clients, 11 of whom are Veterans, every night.Under the direction of the Program Director, the Associate Program Director is responsible for the day to day operation and management of Julian Street Inn. The Associate Program Director supervises the Residential Service Coordinators (front-line shelter staff) and shelter volunteers and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality services that help homeless people return to permanent housing.
Administration & Management:
- Ensure the delivery of services in a professional, ethical and effective manner, in partnership with the Program Director;
- Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, and supportive environment for clients and staff. Understand and implement all LifeMoves policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day shelter operations for staff and clients, including hiring, training, and scheduling staff, shelter maintenance requests, supply ordering, client workshop coordination, and managing bus pass distribution and the client savings program.
- In absence of Program Director, will act as liaison to Director of Program and Services to manage day to day operations.
- Provide on-going guidance and supervision to staff regarding client issues
- Assist in assessing staff development and arrange for training.
- In conjunction with the Program Director plan and ensure facilitation of case management, shelter supervisor, and staff meetings.
- May carry caseload for case managers, as assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with area service providers.
- Assist in training other social service agencies in our eligibility criteria and referral process.
- Effectively interact with Board, volunteers, donors, and the surrounding community as needed.
- Collaborate with community groups to provide optimal services to clients.
- Supervise the collection, compilation, and submission of all clinical statistics.
- Ensure that all staff submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the Program Director in a timely fashion.
- Bachelors in Psychology, Sociology or other humanities field required; Masters in Social Work or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit management experience
- Experience developing, managing, evaluating and operating programs serving homeless populations
- Strong written and oral communication, personnel management, conflict resolution, and clinical supervision skills are necessary.
- Strong knowledge of substance abuse and relapse prevention, mental health issues, and domestic violence is required.
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience; experience building a team, or a positive group culture
- Highly organized and strong time management skills. Able to fill out and implement projects with minimal supervision
- Direct experience working with clients, such as case management, counseling, or similar
- A strong foundation in the ideas and practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; and a commitment to ongoing professional development in this area
- Available to be on-call after hours; and, available to work periodic but regular weekend hours
- Interest in professional growth
- Bilingual Spanish fluency a plus
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This job has expired.