At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
We share a collective sense of urgency - to defeat cancer and improve the lives of cancer patients.
In addition to being one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca is proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
- One of the most exciting and fastest growing Oncology portfolio worldwide
- One of the strongest Oncology pipelines in the industry
- Well poised to become a world leader in several areas of oncology, with established and emerging blockbuster brands
- Progressive company, diverse and inclusive
- We live by our values
- Highest visibility in the organization and externally
The Associate Director of Oncology Marketing, GYN, is accountable for building the launch and marketing plans for the investigational novel combination of LYNPARZA + IMFINZI in endometrial cancer (DUO-E) and ovarian cancer (DUO-O) in the US. The Associate Director will report into the Director of Oncology Marketing, GYN within the DNA Damage Response (DDR) Franchise and work in close collaboration with Immuno-Oncology (IO) Franchise counterparts within the Oncology Business Unit.
As flagship brands in AstraZeneca's, LYNPARZA & IMFINZI are key medicines in the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio; the endometrial indication represents a significant commercial opportunity in an area of high unmet medical need and will be AstraZeneca's first indication in endometrial cancer. You will be charged with developing and driving robust commercial launch plans for the DUOs regimens and for collaborating successfully with key cross-functional partners across the LYNPARZA & IMFINZI teams.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters.Key Accountabilities:
- Develop the DUO-E & DUO-O launch plans for endometrial cancer & ovarian cancer, respectively, including HCP strategy, competitive readiness, and operational plans
- Collaborate closely with the IMFINZI team and cross-functional teams (e.g., Insights, Access, Medical, Training and Sales) for the development and implementation of strategic plans
- Engage with Global Marketing team to advise brand strategic planning while openly ensuring alignment and selective US variation where appropriate
- Develop & supervise indication performance tracking & execution metrics
- Demonstrate deep understanding of indication-specific insights and performance to provide input into forecasting, strategy and operational plans
- Lead agency relationships, workflow, and accountability for indication-specific budget
- Provide mentorship and development to Sr. Marketing Manager while ensuring execution of both personal & non-personal activities are in alignment with indication strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- MBA in relevant field
- Oncology, rare disease or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community Oncology and Hospital Oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
- Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, leading ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Launch experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.