About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
The Associate Director of Social Work Services is responsible for collaborating with the Director of Social Work Services to oversee the recruitment, on-boarding, and individual and group supervision of graduate-level supervisees providing case management and therapeutic services to clients of all ages across LifeMoves. The Associate Director will also provide didactic trainings to students in areas of interest, such as conceptualizing cases from a preferred treatment modalities or instruction in particular evidence-based interventions.
Master of Social Work (MSW) Program Management/Oversight:
Assist the Director of Social Work Services with managing LifeMoves' MSW internship program, which hosts up to 25 MSW students per year from various MSW school programs. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and managing relationships with 10-12 LifeMoves program sites hosting interns
- Recruiting local students from CSWE-accredited universities (e.g., attending annual university Field Fairs, providing informational materials to prospective students and universities, and conducting interviews of prospective students)
- Maintaining relationships with current school partners
- Managing logistics for onboarding students, including program placement, orientation, and training
- Evaluating progress and work of interns and provide feedback to appropriate schools' liaisons
- Ensuring that adequate field instruction is provided in a supportive, constructive manner and on a regular basis; this may include some direct supervision of field instructors
- Collaborating with Program Directors and other staff to ensure students are supported onsite
- Assessing program effectiveness from perspective of students, staff, and schools
- Collaborating with clinical services team to:
- Oversee the therapy referral and triage process
- Ensure clients are receiving and/or connected to appropriate behavioral health services, both within the agency and externally
- Providing support to other programs/projects on occasion
- Serving as field instructor for 5-7 MSW interns providing therapy and/or case management services
- Meeting individually with each supervisee for at least an hour weekly to provide support, oversight and training
- Reviewing, signing, and assisting students in editing documentation (e.g., intake assessments, psychotherapy progress notes.) to ensure quality and compliance with organizational standards.
- Providing ongoing, regular feedback and evaluation to supervisee on the quality and timeliness of work as well as caseload. Solicit feedback from supervisee regarding supervision and whether needs are being metCompleting periodic student evaluations as required by schools.
- Communicating any concerns about the quality of supervisees' work to the Director of Social Work Services in a timely manner, and collaborating to address concerns
- Assisting Director with meeting with contracted supervisors to assess student progress.
- Assisting Director with responding to schools' inquiries and contracts as needed.
- Developing and coordinating curriculum and facilitate educational group supervision/training sessions
- Collaborating with the Directors of Behavioral Health and Social Work to create a calendar of didactic trainings for doctoral- and master's-level practicum students, which includes recruiting and scheduling appropriate trainers.
- Leading 2-3 didactic trainings for students per academic year that are consistent with the Associate Director's skills and students' needs
- Providing occasional trainings to staff as needed
- Job Qualifications
- MSW plus 2 years of experience in the field required
- ASW required, LCSW preferred Minimum of 2 years lead or management experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience working with individuals with a history of behavioral health issues, criminal justice populations, homeless individuals, or other at-risk populations in a social services environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based/best practices
- Knowledge and experience with role modeling and training on client engagement skills, crisis intervention techniques, and other relevant skills
- Able to train interns and staff in assessment and case planning
- Experience conducting, training and supervising screenings and assessments; individual and groupwork with clients; developing treatment plans; creating and maintaining electronic client charts in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Able to effectively supervise documentation compliance
- Strong leadership and management skills; passionate about LifeMoves mission
- Strong communication, organization, time management and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- A strong foundation in the ideas and practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; and a commitment to ongoing professional development in this area
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
For those seeking licensure, LifeMoves offers opportunities to accrue clinical hours and supervision.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.orgLifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Location: This position is expected to be on site at least two times per week and work remotely about three days per week. In person work can take place primarily from San Jose or Menlo Park, with some travel between LifeMoves program sites required. Post-pandemic, this role may return to full time in-person work.
This job has expired.