Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Reporting to the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), the Associate Director of Diversity & Inclusion provides leadership, direction, and oversight to support strategic diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. This position will provide expertise and consultative support for communicating, assessing, and advancing the mission, vision, and strategic initiatives that support organizational learning and program development. These engagement efforts will reinforce the core values of Hofstra to serve a diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff and administrators, respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members, so that all experience a sense of belonging. Most importantly this position will be dedicated to the intersectionality between identity, cultural responsiveness, and social justice.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with various stakeholders at Hofstra to plan, develop and implement DEI trainings and programs.
* Develop a university-wide training and development agenda to improve the overall cultural competence and capacity of the Hofstra community.
* Assist with the development of institutional programs that promote a culture of inclusion and mutual respect.
* Manage pipeline programs, professional resource groups, and support other functions and programs as designated by the CDIO.
* Partner with other DEI offices across campus including, but not limited to, the Office of Intercultural Engagement & Inclusion (IEI), Center for Race, Culture, and Social Justice, the Center for Civic Engagement, and the Office of Human Resources.
* Master's degree required in related.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in higher education administration, teaching, and/or leadership position or equivalent relevant experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of, and support for, key precepts in DEI training, including social justice, bias, critical race theory, feminism, queer theory, privilege, protected classes, micro-aggressions, and related areas.
* Demonstrated success in developing educational programming with and for diverse audiences.
* Experience in data assessment and management.
* Demonstrated ability to research, identify and implement best practices of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
* Proven ability to develop curriculum and deliver impactful presentation materials tailored to the needs of a wide range of audiences (students, faculty, administrators, and staff). Effectively facilitate and deliver curriculum.
* Proven ability to apply appropriate assessment tools to evaluate the outcome of the curriculum. Use feedback and evaluation outcome effectively to modify curriculum and engage in continuous improvement.
* Strong written and communications skills.
* Experience in leading and managing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, preferably in a university setting.
* Demonstrated knowledge of issues of social justice, diversity, and inclusive excellence as fundamental aspects of academic excellence.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with individual and groups across campus and in the community.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: JobsODI@hofstra.edu. Please indicate "Associate Director of Diversity & Inclusion" in the subject line.
Brooklyn, New York
Posted 6 minutes ago
Posted 6 minutes ago
Posted 5 minutes ago