Associate Director for Gender and Sexuality, Women's Resources
Job No: 496898
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Student Affairs
The Associate Director for Gender and Sexuality (Women's Resources) is situated in Diversity and Inclusion, within the division of Student Affairs. The functional areas that comprise Diversity and Inclusion are International Student Services, Multicultural Student Services, Religious and Spiritual Life, and Gender and Sexual Diversity, which includes the LGBTQ and Women's Resource Centers. All areas contribute to the overall model of social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion educational learning, training and development of students. This is a full-time position, where some evening and weekend work is required.
Working collaboratively with key partners, the Associate Director will provide leadership, education, training, and advocacy regarding the issues affecting women, LGBTQ and other communities that experience gender or sex-based bias. Responsible for the daily operations of the Women's Resource Center, the Associate Director will foster a welcoming and engaging environment that celebrates and empowers women and others historically and contemporarily marginalized on the basis of sex and/or gender, including the transgender and gender non-conforming community.
The Associate Director will be supervised by the Director of Gender and Sexuality Resources and help support the broader Diversity & Inclusion team's purpose of providing intentional and deliberate educational experiences for Bucknell students that support the academic mission of the University. Collectively this team is at the forefront of developing an inclusive and supportive educational environment for students, particularly at the intersections of culture, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, religion, nationality, race and sexuality. To this end, the Associate Director will employ an intersectional approach in assisting the development, delivery, and assessment of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice-related education, training and support to University programing efforts.
Programming & Outreach
- Coordinate and provide campus-wide outreach activities and awareness campaigns, campus speakers, interactive workshops, educational sessions and training programs that provide multiple and diverse opportunities for student learning and development related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. Collaborate closely with students, staff and faculty colleagues on these efforts.
- Conduct, market and assess educational opportunities, interactive training sessions, and skill building workshops about gender, equity and its implications, both historic and contemporary.
- Lead efforts that celebrate the contributions of women to society and culture by providing educational programs and activities that expose students to information about women's lives, achievements and contributions.
- Engage in active outreach to student leaders and student organizations to encourage connection with the Women's Resource Center and participation in its programs; advise student groups that are involved in work that aligns itself with the mission of the Women's Resource Center; serve as a resource and trainer for leadership training and development.
- Partner with other Diversity & Inclusion offices to align departmental goals, programming and other initiatives as appropriate to contribute to the fulfillment of the University's mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Collaborate with academic dean's offices and departments, athletics and partnership programs to support gender equity across the University.
- Conduct surveys, program evaluations and other forms of assessment to aid in effective appropriation of resources, programs and services for gender and sexuality resources. Obtain pertinent data from other sources on campus; maintain records of applicable research to allow for effective benchmarking and assessment of student experiences.
- Assist the Director of Gender and Sexuality Resources in research, advocacy and development of affirming and equitable policies and practices that have implications regarding gender and sex discrimination.
- Research grant funding opportunities; coordinate and submit grant proposals for potential funding; direct funded projects and execute program objectives related to gender equity, gender, sexuality, diversity and inclusion.
- Partner with colleagues fundamentally involved in gender equity work, including our Title IX coordinator and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Advocacy Coordinator.
- Oversee budgetary responsibility for the Women's Resource Center, and manage allocated and/or gift funds as appropriate.
- Attend all Diversity and Inclusion staff meetings and Student Affairs divisional meetings and retreats.
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and availability to students, staff and faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, education or related field
- Two (2) years of professional related experience
- Experience working with college students
- Strong commitment to student growth and development
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centeredness, diversity and inclusion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to issues related to socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and the relationship between power and privilege
- Experience with budgetary management
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, benefits eligible position. Some evening and weekend work is required.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496898/associate-director-for-gender-and-sexuality-womens-resources
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Brooklyn, New York
Posted 20 minutes ago
Posted 20 minutes ago
Posted 20 minutes ago