Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
MDSO is a leader in aligning functions across M&D organizations in areas which impact quality management; process management; non-drug initiative management, including IT components, to support business strategy; business information reporting and analytics; resource management; and learning and development. The Associate Digital & Data Strategy Director will be accountable for leading specific business support processes and strategic oversight of complex information systems utilized within M&D through collaborative partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders in M&D and IS.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the data model for assigned clinical and operational systems and leading life-cycle maintenance activities, including system integration processes. The position will also be responsible for overseeing change requests and establishing testing plans, as applicable, for system enhancements.
The position will work through collaborative partnerships with Business Information Reporting and Architecture operational strategists, as applicable, and functional stakeholders to advise on maintenance and updates of the data model.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Leading cross-functional collaborations on the maintenance, upgrades, integrations, releases and decommissioning of the data model and security model for assigned clinical and/or operational system(s).
* Leveraging drug development knowledge and cross-functional partnerships to anticipate changes needed to data structure and standards.
* Leading the strategic assessment of continual improvement of information and systems incorporating industry best practices and vendor strategy and release plans into future iterations.
* Proactively identify impact of changes to business process and other impacted systems.
* Leading the user acceptance test process to ensure business requirements are appropriately tested and risks identified and mitigated
* Ensure on-time implementation of assigned system(s) and new releases to end users, within budget constraints, in collaboration with IS and business functions
* Overseeing the issues and escalations and managing the process for documentation and resolution of issues through triaging mechanisms.
* Overseeing quality review process to ensure changes made in the data model are reflective of and consistent with agreed upon approach and within defined information management governance standards.
* Partnering with appropriate IS, quality and business functions to manage documentation and test strategies related to implementation of system enhancements.
* Developing and maintaining effective collaborations with key stakeholders and functions, as well as of relevant external stakeholders, including system vendors.
* Developing strategies for identifying and communicating critical factors in technical end user training for assigned system(s).
* Managing as a peer leader within the organization and actively participate to ensure success of the strategic objectives.
* Responsible for ensuring system compliance and management of the help desk.
* Responsible for budget and timelines associated with assigned system and associated initiatives.
* May provide oversight and management of vendors or contractors working on a project, as applicable.
* The position reports to the Director or Senior Director, Information & Systems Strategy.
* The position may oversee employees and/or outsourced support staff.
* The position will work closely with other functions within Business Information Reporting & Analytics to support any gaps or improvements needed in the data model or reporting procedures for the system(s) assigned.
* The position works cross-functionally with other Astellas groups to develop and implement excellence in business and clinical operations.
* Minimum 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry and/or management consulting group focused on R&D or clinical operations, with minimum 4 years in the drug development setting.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process to ensure cross-functional connections and operational data model are appropriately and effectively communicated across the organization.
* Experience in use of enterprise-wide pharmaceutical project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis.
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of personnel.
* Experience with establishing standards in support of clinical and business operations systems, especially as they impact and influence multiple departments and levels of management.
* Experience working cross-functionally and cross-culturally in support of business processes and/or systems, especially as they impact and influence multiple departments and levels of management.
* Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems.
* Demonstrated ability to translate solutions into viable action plans at a global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented through cooperation of stakeholders.
* Minimum 2 years of people management experience, preferable in a highly matrixed, multicultural global setting.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships and influence without authority as part of a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently.
* May require up to 10% international travel.
* Minimum 5 years of people management experience, preferable in a highly matrixed, multicultural global setting.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!