AutoNation Auto Auction
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for driving AutoNation Auction operations under the leadership of the General Manager. The AGM sets floor prices, handles the logistics on sale day, works to maximize profits, tracks and manages budgets and provides hands-on support to team.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Collaborating with the General Manager (GM) and department managers to achieve Auction sales and financial goals while maintaining an efficient operation.
- Monitoring and managing all auction logistics and operations.
- Growing the business through actively seeking out new auction sales opportunities.
- Partnering with the Controller and General Manager in reviewing monthly forecasts.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers while promoting the AutoNation brand through communication on sale days, at customer’s place of business, and trade shows and industry events.
- Fostering open communication with Auction employees, and clearly communicating AutoNation’s vision, mission and priorities both internally and externally.
- Preparing lists of VINs and other important information to provide to registration team.
- Assisting with preparation of annual budget by reviewing sales results, expenses and other financial data, such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other expenses.
- Setting up blocks and chairs, video recording and computer equipment, creating final run lists and highlighting auctioneer announcements on sale day.
- Planning staffing levels to ensure efficiency and effective customer service.
- Monitoring and ensuring proper transparency around the wholesale of vehicles with open recalls.
- Communicating with internal customers, handling calls from internal customers at AutoNation stores.
- Handling warranties, arbitration, etc.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Auction experience required. Proven experience in auction management with emphasis in both operations and sales preferred.
- Strong financial, sales and business acumen required. Previous budget and P&L responsibility preferred.
- Superior prioritization skills, able to effectively and efficiently multi-task.
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Experience and desire to work with technology, previous experience working in inventory and auction systems required.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.