The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is an interdisciplinary professional school of international studies that prepares students for careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. The School offers seven masters degrees and two undergraduate degrees and houses several research centers and institutes. Our masters programs are ranked 14th in the world by Foreign Policy magazine and provide students with the knowledge, skills, and networks to design policies, implement programs, and realize outcomes that enhance human capabilities around the world. The Korbel School is a mission-driven institution. Through our teaching, research and direct engagement we are taking on the great challenges of our time: making the global economy more equitable and inclusive, responding to new and emerging security threats, advancing human rights and social justice, combating climate change, and promoting healthy democracy.
The Assistant Dean for Marketing, Communications, and Student Recruitment is responsible for developing and executing Korbel school marketing, communications, and student recruiting strategies. The highest priority for this position is to achieve enrollment levels that meet the Korbel School's financial needs.
The Assistant Dean reports to the Associate Dean for Administration with a dotted line to the Dean and supervises both the Associate Director for Marketing and Communications and the Associate Director for Graduate Enrollment.
Strategy - Advises the Dean and other Korbel senior leadership on overall marketing, communications, and student recruitment strategies
Marketing - Devises and executes marketing strategy for Korbel degree and non-degree programs. Key elements of this function include:
- Conducts market research and develops critical marketing messages
- Coordinates marketing, including paid media, digital targeting, and other techniques
- Develops print and online marketing materials for graduate program recruiting
Communications - Communicates the School's story to multiple audiences through multiple media. Key elements include:
- Promotes the work of the School - it's faculty, students, and alums - to external audiences
- Promotes overall brand awareness across all media
- Develops and maintains a first-in-class website.
- Manages media relations with local, national, and international news media
- Produces Korbel annual reports, newsletters, and other print and video materials
- Coordinates event communications
Student Enrollment - Leads Korbel School's professional student recruitment, admissions, scholarship awards, and financial aid processes for all professional degree, certificate, and executive training programs. Key elements of this function include:
- Manages graduate admissions based on enrollment goals, student records, and other established criteria
- Manages the awarding of scholarships and financial aid
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure that Korbel attracts and retains a diverse student body
Budget and Financial Management
- Advises the Dean and the Associate Dean for Administration and Budget on graduate student recruitment goals (short- and long-term)
- Manages and monitors the enrollment, communication, and marketing budgets
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Provides direct support to the Dean for public speaking, media engagement, and other communications
- Advises on crisis communications
- Outstanding ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing market-responsive strategies
- Extensive understanding of graduate education recruitment and admissions processes, including lead generation and techniques needed to successfully convert a high percentage of inquiries into applicants and applicants into enrolled students
- Outstanding communications skills in multiple media
- Proven experience leading a high-functioning team, including the ability to hire, manage, and motivate staff
- Ability to work with students/staff/faculty from under-represented groups
- Experience as a team leader and supervisor of a team
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant marketing, communications, or student recruitment experience
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Working Environment Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs. Physical Activities Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs. Work Schedule
- Proven track record of leading a successful communications and marketing team
- 8+ years of communications, marketing, and/or student recruitment and marketing experience
- Direct experience in a higher education setting
- 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education
- Experience with Slate higher education admission platform
- Experience with Ellucian Banner system, particularly the admissions and financial aid modules
- Strong knowledge of international recruiting best practices
- Direct experience in student recruitment and marketing in similar program offerings of the Korbel School
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Work hours may vary.
In accordance with the University's flexible work policy, this position is eligible to be considered for partial remote work. Further details regarding this plan will be determined with the hiring manager and are dependent on the division and team specific needs. Application Deadline
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) June 15, 2023. Special Instructions
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 15.Salary Range:
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$115,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits:
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver. Please include the following documents with your application: Resume Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non-discrimination-statement. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
April 26, 2023 Applications close:
This job has expired.