Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- Competitive salary
- Career advancement
- Bonus opportunity
- Excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay
- Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k
This position is responsible for learning all aspects of the Assistant Buyer's position including plans, assortment, sourcing and negotiations. This position is the training ground for potential future buyers. Assist in the development of business strategies in order maximize sales and profits.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify business trends, analyze and make recommendations.
- Recommend sources for new products and new vendors.
- Partner with Product Development - recommend profitable exclusive merchandise.Participate in vendor negotiations.
- Maintain flow of office-computer (input purchase orders, maintenance, spreadsheets), daily communication, hone coverage, work with other departments including Distributions, Product Development, Planagrams, Assortment, etc.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/up to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. This includes Microsoft Office.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical ability
- Must be flexible and able to learn on the fly
- Creative aptitude.
- Able to communicate with all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to travel.
- Some areas may require specific technical knowledge and individual skills.