Job ID: 283280
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Asphalt Plant Loader Operatorr
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving & Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to plant operations at various locations by utilizing loader to maintain production levels.
- Must partner with other plant employees to maintain plant operations as instructed by plant foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Physical ability to operate loader on rough terrain and provide assistance to plant personnel under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Ability to stockpile using loader with attention to supplying plant with raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- May perform other related duties such as backfilling trenches/excavations.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Salem Nearest Secondary Market:
Winston Job Segment:
Plant, Plant Operator, Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.