The Area Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities that support the production of Kollmorgen products. This position is responsible for the day to day management of a group of associates as well as meeting daily, medium, and long term goals aligned with the overall strategy of the business. Key goals for the area manager are safety, quality, on time delivery, productivity and inventory. This position will be joining the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is part of Altra (AIMC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily:
- In alignment with business objectives, establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational data to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, operating or production problems.
- Supports and implements a Lean Manufacturing structure in all production areas.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as need due to equipment failure or other production problems.
- Manages performance of direct labor associates, including development, promotion and disciplinary procedures.
- Responsible for achieving area and cell metrics and driving countermeasures and action plans where appropriate to achieve goals.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job:
- Bachelor's degree, or high school diploma plus minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing required. Lean manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in leadership or management preferred.
- Proven excellent analytical skills required.
- Proven ability to deliver results and meet goals is required.
- Work well with others and have the ability to lead others.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.