Job ID: 416821
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
We are seeking an experienced Application Development Lead to join our growing organization. In this position, you will Lead in developing and implementing an application and business architecture blueprint; and provide guidance with aligning business processes, information management, applications and technical architectures to support our strategy. You must follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase performance and revenue.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Lead the application development team to ensure quality completion of deliverables
- Provide coaching and mentorship to ensure that the development team has all the resources it needs to complete project assignments, as well as to quickly address any challenges and issues that might arise and prevent or resolve any conflict or issue that may arise.
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders to ensure solution development is aligned with business goals and architectural principles
- Propose informed ideas on technology strategy and direction
- Provide technical oversight, leadership, and support of existing systems, including current custom applications, as well as the development of new applications/functionality.
- Collaborate with team members on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements analysis, design, configuration, change and risk management, documentation, planning, accessibility
- Work with project managers/business analysts in development of project plans, functional specifications, resource plans, and project schedule estimates.
- Develop and review software requirements, create design documents, write programs, and package, test, configure, and deploy software.
- Develop and enhance software programs and data structures that meet business objectives.
- Design, develop, test, and refine software deliverables.
- Review and create system, software, and functional design specifications.
- Perform code reviews and ensure change control is being followed.
- Oversee the execution and tracking of project efforts with regular updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Prepare documentation and provide end-user training and support as necessary.
- Establish productive working relationships and maintain effective communications with teammates and end-users.
- Ensure compliance for all supported software/applications with security controls. This includes capturing security controls during requirements gathering, developing secure code, error handling, conducting vulnerability scans, managing and mitigating potential risks/vulnerabilities, and supporting SOX efforts and documentation.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in information technology technical support, with 3 years at a supervisory level is preferred.
- Relevant experience working within a large, multifaceted organization, consisting of cross-functional teams.
- Project management or Agile/Scrum experience is preferred.
- Experience must include .NET Framework; C#; VB; SQL Server; API development; Web Services; Unit Testing; .NET Core; IIS; Azure Devops;.
- Cloud-based application development experience, preferably within AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience performing application development activities within a DevOps/DevSecOps framework, preferably with some degree of continuous integration/delivery exposure.
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions Ability to effectively work alongside and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business value through IT, balancing drive for continuous improvement with respect of local company culture and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment toward customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 25%.
- Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services and meetings.
- Must pass background check, alcohol and drug testing.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Testing, Developer, Cloud, Application Developer, Computer Science, Technology
This job has expired.