ECS is seeking an AODocs Develope r to work in our Silver Spring, MD office.
Responsible for AODOocs customization in support to NOAA's Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) including: building, consolidation and integration of libraries; ad hoc application design and implementation that fulfill employer requests. Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging, as well as recommending changes to improve the established processes.
Key requirements include experience programming in Java and a positive attitude towards learning and understanding the environment, as well as the ability to decompose high-level customer requirements into system-level solutions. Other activities to be defined as OMAO strategic initiatives are identified.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a full-stack Java developer; knowledge of Git
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter and self-motivated; possess patience and perseverance to overcome challenges
- Solve problems, and learn new computer languages and techniques
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustments in a testing environment.
- BS in computer science or computer engineering
- Strong knowledge of AODocs document services platform.
- Experience in agile development to track and manage software engineering projects
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.