Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you interested in exploring a rapidly expanding universe of clinical data?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Are you fascinated by the growing field of data science?
Then join the new Data Science & Advanced Analytics team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG has been a pioneer in the field of healthcare quality improvement for over three decades, serving approximately:
- 25 percent of the nation’s Medicare population
- 46 percent of the nation’s Medicaid population
- 20 percent of the nation’s dialysis population
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of data analysis, measure development, and patient satisfaction surveys. We are in search of talented individuals that are interested in a career in analytics as an Analytics Coordinator
in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better. UNIQUE BENEFITS
The Analytics Coordinator also benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into the future leaders
of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. New HSAG coordinators are provided formal training in an assortment of healthcare-related topics.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday just to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package which includes, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. DESCRIPTION
The Analytics Coordinator is a key contributor to cutting edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, this position coordinates healthcare analytic projects through various stages including implementation, day-to-day management, analysis, and reporting. Activities include developing work plans and timelines; documenting and overseeing project tasks; organizing and maintaining project files; supporting and attending client teleconferences and meetings; performing online research on healthcare topics; and providing regular progress reports to Data Science & Advanced Analytics management staff.
Details regarding potential project assignments will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Act in a liaison capacity between appropriate management personnel and staff, transmitting decisions and information to organizational units as appropriate, as well as outside agencies and organizations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Maintain, tag and sort documents for assigned projects on appropriate Share Point team sites and HSAG’s corporate and federal networks following HSAG prescribed governance rules.
- Develop and adhere to analytic project time and task schedules, identify opportunities to improve the project process, and develop quality improvement activities accordingly.
- Participate in pertinent healthcare educational and training presentations as required.
- Coordinate project management tasks, including communication (written, phone, fax), coaching, and training.
- Assist with developing written and data-oriented reports in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communicate with project partners, subcontractors, and other entities on analytic-related projects.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines in a timely fashion and accurately prepare and type deliverables, reports, various project documents, letters, and other material from copy, rough draft, transcribing machine or other prescribed instructions.
- Conduct research via the Internet including literature searches of clinical topics as assigned.
- Prepare support documents needed for project deliverables and assist with documentation and submission of deliverable using the appropriate mechanism (i.e., electronic, hard copy, direct data entry etc.).
- Conduct Internal Quality Control (IQC) monitoring regarding efficiency/effectiveness of activities conducted. Present issues and recommended solutions and take corrective actions as indicated.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or healthcare-related field. Master’s degree and formal healthcare education preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a business or health care setting.
- Excellent English/communication skills (i.e., spelling, composition, grammar, proofreading and editing).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Visio) computer skills as well as working knowledge of database management (Microsoft Access).
- Ability to assist others on MS Office Suite systems usage.
- Experience in conducting research via the Internet.
- Experience monitoring budgets.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.DISCLAIMER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.