Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
What you will be doing:
The education and experience we're looking for:
- Assist in all aspects of preparing legally-compliant appraisal reports in and around the assigned territory
- Compile relevant macro- and micro-level market research
- Catalog and analyze property-specific financial due-diligence materials, including income and expense statements, rent rolls, purchase and sale agreements, offering memoranda, investment pro formas, development cost budgets, federal housing subsidy contracts, etc.
- Conduct competitive market research and analyze comparable sales, rents, amenities, locations, etc.
- Assist in development and refinement of software programs and financial models for valuation applications
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, often in combination with travel
- Other duties as assigned
What skills you should have:
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Business
- 1+ years of commercial/multifamily real estate experience preferred (valuation, underwriting, analysis a plus)
- Expert in Windows OS, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Proficiency with Windows OS and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong analytical skills: proven acumen in financial modeling or real estate underwriting
• Working knowledge of commercial real estate data services: REIS, CoStar, RealPage, Yardi, ESRI, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable on the phone with market participants
• Strong literary and grammatical competency; very comfortable with business-formal writing composition
• Strong propensity to take initiative with minimal direction
• A genuine interest in PropTech and multifamily real estate
• Data science, statistics, or software programming experience, skills, or interest desirable
• Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
• Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.