Staffing Solutions Organization (SSO) Inc., a subsidiary to Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG), has been hired by the New York Department of Health (NY DOH) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in communities across New York State (not including New York City). The aim of this initiative is to contact all individuals who are believed to have come into contact with individuals diagnosed with COVID-19. Further the team is responsible for maintaining ongoing communication with these individuals. This includes referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will contribute to other efforts to control the pandemic in New York.
As a School Specialist, you’re responsible for the partnership and engagement of K-12 schools in your county to maximize the Contact Tracing Initiative’s outreach and ensuring that your Region has the appropriate protocols, investigation and contact tracing systems in place.
You'll report to the Deputy Regional Team Manager for your area and work closely with the Local Health Department and the NYS Department to rapidly address cases within schools.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and maintaining appropriate partnerships and resources for K-12 schools in your county.
- Act as the key liaison and partner to schools and organizations and local health authorities
- Being accountable for ensuring the partnerships are productive by tracking relevant reporting metrics outlined in the plan developed in conjunction with the local health department and NYSDOH
- Partnering with local health departments on all case investigations involving K-12 school building to ensure consistent testing and protocols are implemented to contain outbreaks.
- Ensuring that there is sharing and adherence to best practices with peers to ensure a consistent approach to care across the State
- Communicate any new resources or processes changes to the team as appropriate
- The position is considered full time with a six month engagement expected and the possibility to extend as needed. Employment is contingent on completion of a background check by NY State.
- Current NYS residency
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. LPN or RN NYS licensure is preferred. Experience in clinical medicine and/or public health a plus.
- At least three years of experience within a health, public health, education, human services, or community-based organization, or institutional setting.
- Experience working in a educational setting or with schools or school-age children is strongly preferred
- Strong relationships and experience working in a health system in NYS. This includes but is not limited to hospitals, health care providers, health regulatory organizations, community resources, social services or schools in NYS
- A flexible, adaptive and composed attitude with the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Experience leading tracking and reporting processes.
- Phenomenal work ethic with a positive attitude
- Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely. Fluency in a second or multiple languages would be a plus.
- Own telephone, computer, wireless internet (WiFi) and electronic equipment. (A partial reimbursement to maintain unlimited phone and data access will be provided.)
- Access to a working PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device (a headset is preferred)
- Knowledge of NYS Contract Tracing Initiative processes and systems is a plus.
- 75% remote/25% in person at local health department or schools
- Position is expected to be a 1 year engagement
- School Specialists will report to the Deputy Regional Team Managers who have responsibility for those specific counties
This job has expired.