Come Join an Inclusive Team:
The Business Advisory Services (BAS) group is the primary agent of change within the Finance Strategy and Transformation (FS&T) team to continuously improve people, processes, and systems to enable operating effectiveness and achievement of strategic, functional, and internal/external customer goals. The BAS group focuses on end-to-end process transformation and partners closely with GPOs and other stakeholders to drive and monitor effective project implementations. BAS identifies and drives cross-functional business alignment and standardization opportunities by executing and supporting the implementation of emerging best practices and innovation opportunities to drive the adoption of new and more effective ways of working.
About the Role
The Business Advisor directly contributes towards the team success by planning and executing projects and programs across Finance. The BAS Business Advisor is responsible for owning designated projects /phases as well as guiding teams to leverage data and the use of innovative processes, tools and techniques to further evolve Finance's Project Management capabilities.
The BAS Advisor should demonstrate good team partnering and functional teaming skills with peers. They will apply their knowledge of processes and past experience to support assigned initiatives and projects. The Advisor is an experienced professional with proven success in executing and managing projects and/or process improvements with a demonstrable understanding of the interdependencies across business processes, and systems. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Business Advisory Services.
Day in the Life:
1. Participate in project management and coordination services for major process or organizational changes:
- Preparation and maintenance of project plans, tracking progress and status reporting;
- Coordinate status meetings, create and maintain status reports;
- Develop and maintain key project artifacts to drive timely execution e.g. Risks, Actions, Issues and Decision Logs (RAID), governance documentation e.g. project Charter, or requirement documents
- Ensure coordination points within functional areas and across multiple functions such as GPOs, subject matter experts, Internal Controls, IT, and other stakeholders are established and are working smoothly.
- Proactively manage and communicate changes in project scope, identify and manage project risks; escalate as needed for quick resolution
2. Serve as an internal consultant executing internal and external project management, change management support and process improvement for broader Finance teams, and Global Process Owners (GPOs) and their respective committees with development of phased end-to-end process improvement plans.
3. Engage with Change Management personnel from other departments and support the team in the:
- Development and execution of change management plans on key initiatives and projects and help drive awareness, adoption and the ultimate organizational change required.
- Support the actualization of defined communication strategies, and plans
- Support communication planning, messaging and execution of creative delivery across projects
- Conduct change impact analysis across people and process, develop risk assessments, and assess change readiness during projects.
- Continuously gather feedback from key partners to adjust change and communication strategies where needed.
4. Coordinate specific action items with HR and other functional teams as required to implement and effect change management whenever projects impact employees e.g., organizational changes on reporting lines
5. Support GPOs to adopt and drive efficiency in change implementations within their teams.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration between the different GPO Committees.
- Facilitate the implementation of initiatives approved by the GPO Committees.
- Ensure leading practices are being implemented and disseminated
- Leverage data and data-driven techniques to foster change and best practices within GPO teams.
6. Assist with process alignment, ownership and proper transition within process streams, across regions and across multiple global process owners to remove "grey areas
7. Support in the development and implementation of Service Level Agreement (SLA) or Operating Level Agreements (OLA) between process owners and functional process responsibility teams and coordinate changes with internal stakeholders.
- Leverage data-driven techniques to drive ownership, performance and accountability for GPO's
- Adapting SLA /OLA templates for the specific needs of GPOs, SSC (Shared Service Center) staff, and process stakeholders.
8. Assist with the research, development and socialization of project management methodologies, tools, processes across the broad Finance stakeholders to further evolve project management capabilities within Finance.
9. Stay informed on latest innovation, leading practices, and market developments in the use of data & data analytics for process improvements, and in new project management methodologies and tools. You bring this value:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, business administration or equivalent work experience is required; any other advanced degree is an advantage.
- 2 to 5 years working experience in management consulting, project management or process-improvement positions of increasing responsibility.
- 3-years' experience in a role-based position within an international environment. A Good understanding of accounting and finance processes is an added advantage.
This is what we offer:
- Solid project management skills; successful track record of leading projects requiring coordination of work across multiple stakeholders, consensus building, problem resolution, and consistent demonstration of process improvement.
- Practical experience with the use of modern project management tools & project methodology is an added advantage.
- Good Understanding of end-to-end business processes and /or process frameworks (APQC, lean six sigma) is an added advantage.
- Understanding of data interrogation /data analysis and visualization tools is an added advantage.
- Robust presentation and analytical skills including expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Effective individual contributor with responsibility for sub-process, projects and results.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Proficiency in English is required.
- A good understanding of data and analytics techniques;
- Experience working in a global, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
- Active and hands-on and able to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand new concepts and effectively communicate them.
- Strong change management skills and ability to execute.
We offer employees a competitive total compensation package, which includes base pay and variable incentive pay programs. This supports a pay-for-performance culture, recognizing both individual and company performance, as well as benefit programs that are highly attractive and competitive within the markets for which we compete for talent.
- The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home.
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Retirement (Pension) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer Driven Medical Plan including Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.