Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5936
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Primary responsibility of supporting the development of the supply base by performing appropriate tasks to add, or qualify new or alternate suppliers as needed to mitigate risks with components and suppliers.
• Work with Engineering and supplier representatives to ensure appropriate specifications are developed for components and assemblies.
• Support complex supply chain activities, often involving multiple components, suppliers, and manufacturing processes.
• Coordinate required purchasing tasks to procure parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services required to support the project plan for new products.
• Contact suppliers, obtains and evaluates quotations, places orders, and ensures timely delivery. Exercises judgment and in-depth knowledge of new product development project requirements to make purchases consistent with specified levels of quality, delivery, and price.
• Maintain component responsibility from receipt of requisition, placement of orders, change orders, receipt of parts, acceptance of parts to stock, and disposition of discrepant material through transition to the plant procurement team.
• Perform follow-up operations with suppliers to accomplish delivery of purchased items per schedule.
• Ensure requisitions, purchase orders and changes are input into system and documented in a timely manner in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• The Strategic Sourcing Engineer has the key responsibility for purchasing materials, components and/or services consistent with specific levels of quality, delivery and total cost of new products.
• Global Commodity Team: Maintains a solid understanding of global supply chain initiatives and leverages the team to continue to build strategic partnerships with suppliers to benefit Teleflex Globally.
• R&D/Operations Engineering: Provides information/feedback in assuring that specifications are manufacturable.
• Planning: Responsible for providing the accurate lead time and input regarding order modifiers for the purpose of MRP accuracy for new products.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. APICS or CPM coursework a plus.
• Five+ years of experience with purchasing components, and experience with new product development projects or services required.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to utilize MRP, understanding of FDA regulations related to purchasing for medical devices.
• Ability to assess supplier risks.
• Ability to start and negotiate supplier agreements.
• Ability to develop and lead negotiations create short and long-term strategies and manage complex sourcing relationships.
• Project management skills.
• Utilize strategic programs like supplier-managed inventory and Kanban.
• Negotiate pricing and supply agreements.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Successful team player
• Proven ability to produce cost savings/value in contracting
• Ability to influence for results in a cross-functional organization
• Ability to provide change leadership and accelerate change
• Strong communication skills
• Strong cross-functional team facilitation skills
• Ability to perform in fast-paced environment
• Strong working knowledge of the latest purchasing practices and familiarity with Lean and Kaizen activities preferred
• Exceptional math and analytical skills to adequately analyze sales trending information, forecasts, set inventory targets, interpret supplier quotes, contracts and other supplier-related issues.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.