The Department of Engineering Graduate Admissions is seeking an Admissions Coordinator who will report to the Director of Engineering Admissions and primarily (1) provides admissions communication and processing support for the 10 doctoral and 16 master's programs housed at the Homewood campus in the Whiting School of Engineering (WSE), and (2) supports related admissions, onboarding, and processing policies and initiatives. This position serves as the first point of contact for prospective students and assists with all phases of the day-to-day admissions application and enrollment processing functions for the WSE Office of Engineering Admissions.
The role is responsible for supporting the student admissions process from point-of-inquiry up to matriculation for all full-time WSE graduate programs. The Engineering Admissions Coordinator provides excellent customer service in a high-volume graduate admissions office. Common contacts for this position include prospective students, academic staff, faculty directors of admissions, and additional staff supporting admissions functions and committees. This role may have contact with other universities, vendors, and testing agencies for clarification purposes in processing transcripts, credential evaluations, and score reports.
Per temporary university guidance, this position is currently able to be hybrid (primarily remote with occasional on-site). On-site requirements may alter in the future with advance notice.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Admissions Communication (55%)
Admissions Operations and Processing (40%)
- Serves as first point of contact for all applicant and transcript inquiries in the Slate Inbox.
- Triages, responds to, and processes electronic application documents, including transcripts, across multiple admissions email accounts.
- Manages communication with large volumes of applicants through various stages of follow up, averaging an excess of 1,000 emails monthly.
- Provides admissions process information to prospective students and provides applicants with admissions status information.
- Research questions, troubleshoots, responds directly to inquiries, and refers matters as appropriate.
- Communicates with academic programs on all admissions process issues.
- Refers prospective and current applicants to appropriate department contacts for degree program information.
- Tracks and reports on patterns, communication trends and outcomes in support of strategic objectives.
- Answers questions from applications and follows-up as needed to ensure all official transcripts are received.
- Manages and updates all Inbox snippets.
- Additional duties may include answering phone calls or walk-ins as needed.
- Processes incoming admissions documents (both electronic and hardcopy) and updates Slate records as appropriate.
- Processes transcripts received through email, fax, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
- Tracks official transcript receipts, uploads to Slate in a timely manner, and keeps application checklists up to date using Slate queries.
- Updates application records as needed.
- Manages electronic and paper record keeping systems for the Office of Admissions, including creating archival filing systems, taking into consideration all applicable regulations regarding student records confidentiality and retention.
- Develops, implements, and maintains administrative systems and procedures for effective functioning of the Engineering Graduate Admissions Office.
- Compiles and assembles admissions data for analysis.
- Plays a key role in team decision-making regarding efficiency of process improvements.
- Works independently to process and troubleshoot electronically submitted applications received daily through Slate.
- Assists with collecting and reporting of data for Shorelight and other outside marketing and recruiting vendors.
- Audits all application data in the graduate admission process; checks for data integrity, online application for admission and test score downloads.
- Enters/assists in cloning applications in Slate for dual degrees and/or deferrals.
- Updates and archives application records as directed.
- Creates and uses queries in Slate to manage movement of applications through the file review process.
- Assists the Director of Admissions in ensuring that systems (SIS and Slate) are reconciled through error reporting and reprocessing.
- Assists with the development of targeted communication pieces including the admission website, emails.
- Helps with the maintenance of the admissions website.
- Works closely and routinely with colleagues to reconcile student records and resolve problems.
- Advise and assist programs and students, faculty, and staff regarding admissions policies and procedures.
- Assists other departmental support staff with other processing duties as needed (such as during peak times).
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Other projects as needed/duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Four years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Experience in a graduate academic environment highly desirable.
- Some related experience in admissions, academic administration, or student services highly preferred.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Familiarity with Admissions and University student records systems, including Slate, SIS, and Share Point.
- Proficiency in windows-based software applications, spreadsheet, and database software (Word and Excel preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues in diverse functions and various levels of authority within the university.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, routinely and in occasional high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking skills to prevent problems and identify and resolve issues when they arise.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, and apply daily strategies to meet workload demands.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to set priorities.
- Knowledge of admissions procedures and policies.
- Familiarity of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to privacy and security of academic records and student transcripts desired.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of requirements pertaining to and needs of international students.
- Demonstrated track record of strong customer service.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Recognizes and adheres to the need for data protection of sensitive materials.
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Ability to learn how to download data from an online database.
- Familiarity with a copier/scanner and other office equipment.
- Proficient with Zoom or similar video conferencing software.
- Access to remote/virtual work environments.
- Some duties may require physical attendance.
Classified Title: Admissions Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $20.02 - $27.51/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: Academic Affairs Grad
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Admissions-Coordinator-MD-21218/819354600/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.