The Bayview Chairmans Office is seeking an Administrative Specialist. This is a high-level position which reports to and works directly for the Bayview Chairman of Medicine/Executive Vice Chair (EVC). This person will independently manage projects, develop and maintain positive working relationships internal and external to the School, the University, Hospitals, and with all those they personally come in contact with including: University representatives, government representatives (NIH, NHLBI, AMA, local political representatives, etc.), faculty, staff, students, and patients.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for confidential and non-confidential communication of all types with the people listed above. This person is responsible for representing the Bayview Chairman/EVC in all business conducted on their behalf for the Department of Medicine and is the lead to other administrative support staff in the suite.
This position reports to the Interim Associate Administrator, Bayview Department of Medicine.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Primary Responsibilities of this position are to oversee the smooth functioning of the Bayview Chairman/EVC's schedule including coordination/correspondence with executives and day to day interactions within the Department, Hospitals (JHH, BMC, etc.) and University (JHU-SOM).
- Monitors, evaluates and implements business practices and procedures to support the day-to-day operational needs of the Bayview Chairman/EVC including scheduling, reconciling executive card for related purchases such as travel, entertainment, and presentation materials, etc.
- Chairs departmental committees as well as staffs various committees for the Bayview Chairman/EVC including creation of agendas. Ability to speak publicly and provide presentations as required. Oversees various projects through to completion, requiring broad understanding of issues throughout the department, JHH, SOM and JHM. Serves as a project person and takes on non-routine projects that generally require coordinating between various offices reporting to the Chair.
- Writes responses to Bayview Chairman/EVC's email/mail and miscellaneous material as requested by the Bayview Chairman/EVC.
- Reviews all correspondence coming into the office, and edits all going out of the Bayview Chairman/EVC's office in order to remain current on issues. Forwards information to the appropriate parties. Ensures follow-up as required.
- Manages/monitors financial transactions including budgets involving Bayview Chairman/EVC discretionary accounts, reimbursements and service contracts in partnership with finance.
- Handles confidential material from inside and outside the department.
- Coordinates, writes, edits and distributes Bayview Chairman/EVC's executive agendas as well as follow up minutes (JHH, JHU executive meetings, etc.). Consults with Vice Chairs, Division Chief, faculty, and support staff on agenda items.
- Oversees Chairman's clinical practice and day to day operation as needed.
- Partners to edit departmental newsletter and/or website. Writes and/or edits articles, as well as oversees layout and decides material to be included in either of these or other communication formats.
- Oversees full-time and part-time faculty annual review process for the Chairman and Dean's Offices. Will organize materials and ensure completion. Organizes, coordinates sponsored research proposals generated by the Bayview Chairman.
- Serves as bridge between the Chairman and other departments to build trust, support, vision and commitment with senior management and plans periodic special events.
- Establish and maintains positive professional liaisons both internal and external to the Department, Center, School and University.
- Demonstrates poise, tact and diplomacy and maintains confidentiality.
- Liaison with Offices of Public Affairs and Planning & Marketing.
- Works closely with Department's Development Office in scheduling visits/events for donors and dignitaries.
- Organizes and is responsible for annual faculty/staff holiday celebration and various other events throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Five (5) years in providing high level expertise,
- Additional education can be substituted for experience. Additional experience can substitute for education.*
- Final applicant for this position may be required to complete skills assessments appropriate to position description.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Five years related experience, preferably in university/medical environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Must be familiar with JHM policies and procedures.
- The ability to act proactively, independently and exercise good judgment.
- The ability to think creatively in order to manage various complex projects and someone who can work with multiple interruptions and still stay on task.
- The person must be able to perform duties without direct supervision or guidance on a regular basis.
- The position also requires someone with the ability to communicate in a highly professional manner; clearly, appropriately, and effectively with at all institutional levels.
- Project management and time management classes are highly recommended.
- Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, SAP as well as web-publishing software are all programs to be used or potentially used with this position.
Role/Level/Range: ATP/03/PC Starting Salary Range:
$51,210 - $70,480 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Exempt Location:
Department name: SOM DOM General Admin Chairmans Offf
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Specialist-MD-21224/819656400/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.