University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.79 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Administrative Coordinator will conduct complex secretarial, office administration, and public relations assignments to provide support for faculty, staff and students in the Department of Animal, Veterinary and Food Sciences. Tasks will include assisting faculty in following university and college guidelines in submitting paperwork and ensuring that all deadlines are met for tenure and promotion; coordinating position searches and working with other university offices to ensure proper procedures during hiring processes; assisting in maintaining departmental website and social media accounts; supporting AVFS teaching, research, and Extension activities by assisting with the planning and hosting of events; assisting faculty with the timely review and acceptance of graduate students, including the drafting of acceptance letters; track graduate student evaluations and assisting graduate students with required forms and important dates/deadlines; and maintaining a welcoming and professional office environment that fosters excellence and achievement.
- One (1) year of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced setting with little supervision that requires excellent time management and organization.
- Editing and writing a variety of business documents using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials.
- Experience in interpreting, applying, and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies, or services.
- Experience in situations requiring creative and analytical thinking.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience processing financial transactions and adhering to a budget.
- Experience in interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in office management, business or a related field OR 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative support.
- Experience with UI Banner system including Human Resources and Student modules, VandalWeb, Chrome River, and Argos.
- Experience supervising others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Experience in a position where interaction with students and faculty was a primary function.
- Knowledge of higher education academic rules, regulations, procedures, curriculum, and graduation requirements.
- Knowledge of University of Idaho programs and policies.
- Ability to independently solve problems and perform liaison activities in a work setting.
- Self-motivated, able to meet multiple deadlines, flexible, and good at conflict resolution.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 20 pounds.
12/03/2021Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to those applications received by January 2, 2022.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the minimum qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.