The Department of Dermatology is seeking an Administrative Coordinator who will provide complex administrative and project support to our faculty members, Administrators, development team, and research teams.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties include coordinating and performing administrative duties for several collaborating faculty members, providing confidential secretarial support, arranging conference and travel logistics, assisting with project activities and maintaining a high level of customer service excellence and detail orientation. The Administrative Coordinator will answer office telephone and perform day-to-day administrative activities. Answer phones, take messages, and greet guests. Coordinate and implement office services such as, purchasing, records control, projects and budget accounting operations. Analyze unit operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, personnel requirements, creating new systems or revising established procedures.
- This role will represent the department as appropriate in communicating professionally with faculty, administrators, staff, and external contacts to respond to questions, resolve administrative problems and issues, and gather data as needed. Interpret operating policies of the University and the Hospital. Exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems. In addition, position will work closely with our administration team, finance team, to carry out the administrative tasks necessary for smooth operation of grants and projects. This position requires attention to detail, flexibility, excellent computer skills, a high level of independent thinking, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Coordinate collection and preparation of financial and operations reports. Locate and compile information and format reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information. Assemble and categorize facts and figures for written computation and calculations. Assist with special events planning. Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports. Maintain faculty's calendar, projects, and appointment management. Maintain and monitor doctor's budgets. Edit and convert graphic images to proper format for inclusion in a presentation and/or manuscript.
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- High School Diploma or GED and three years of related experience.
- Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE Starting Hourly Pay Rate:
$17.42 - $23.95/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
M-F, 8:30am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
Hybird/School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus
Department name: Dermatology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimor-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21287/823769300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.