The Basic Science Research at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital is seeking an Administrative Coordinator. The position will coordinate and provide cross functional support for the research, educational and administrative activities of the basic science research departments and divisions at JHACH. This position will directly support the administrative needs of 2-3 faculty basic science leaders and will provide indirect support for a growing basic science research faculty enterprise and their laboratories by way of: providing divisional budget support; researches and analyzes data in order to develop reports as requested.
This role also drafts and edits a variety of written materials; assists with ordering; manages calendars; responsible for timely reimbursements; monitors submission timelines; assists with Faculty Seminar Series travel; assists in the implementation of departmental/divisional policies and procedures; manages and/or completes projects as assigned; and exercises discretion and judgment in resolution of day-to-day problems.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Performs duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Administration, Associate Dean of Basic Research, and Administrative Manager with moderate supervision.
- Assists in coordinating and preparing for a full range of meetings and presentations. Prepare pertinent materials for leaders and faculty including presentations for meetings, laboratory lectures, and external presentations.
- Proofread all correspondence sent out on the Associate Dean of Basic Research. Proofread manuscripts, lectures, presentations, statistical materials, slides, etc.
- Provides direct administrative support to 2-3 faculty/administrative leaders, and peripheral support to other divisional faculty, as needs change over time.
- Participates in the preparation of internal and external grant proposals and progress reports for assigned faculty members and their mentees under the supervision of Administrative Program Coordinators for basic science.
- Maintenance of CV, MyNCBI/ScienCV, biosketch, and other support documents.
- Provides information related to budgets for Administrative Program Coordinators for basic science.
- Aiding in project coordination and prioritization to help faculty members meet deadlines.
- Ensure PI files annual conflict of interest paperwork, if applicable and provides paperwork or link for new filings.
- Arrange meetings and take minutes.
- Manage calendars.
- Make travel arrangements (meeting registration, transportation, accommodation) as requested.
- Prepare correspondence
- Coordinate conference calls, virtual meetings using multiple modalities including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc.)
- Assists in the coordination of the Faculty Seminar Series, including speaker travel, reimbursements, honorariums, etc.
- Regularly interacts with all levels of executive and support staff internally. Contacts executives of external hospital/agencies as needed in transmitting or obtaining information.
- Assists Associate Dean of Basic Research with problem resolution, questions, guidance and information dissemination and in formulating policy and procedural changes.
- Coordinates, tracks and documents staff and faculty development, required annual trainings, and required annual reviews for all division members.
- Prepares and submits accounts payable and purchasing paperwork and tracks payment of invoices.
- Prepares professional, accurate, and succinct reports related to fiscal and/or administrative management.
- Maintains faculty/staff/fellows contact lists.
- Coordinates and assists with planning of special projects and events, office activities and committee meetings.
- Conduct and collect basic data for various meeting content, agendas, attendees, topics and ensure the organization of meeting logistics. Format reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information and summarize materials for faculty in a variety of settings.
- Coordinates and implements office services such as purchasing, records control, and projects.
- Establishes and maintains an organized paper and electronic filing system according to office procedures to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence, phone calls and visitors. Assumes responsibility for expediting requests/inquiries that do not require a faculty reply.
- Opens, sorts, and screens mail for assigned faculty. Also coordinates all outgoing mail and shipments as requested by faculty. Serves as backup for laboratory staff and fellows to receive laboratory packages.
- Transcribes minutes and notes. Takes responsibility for overall coordination of recurring meetings by engaging in such duties as: contacting participants, preparing necessary materials. Serves as liaison with internal departments and external organizations performing associated activities.
- Monitors office supplies and orders supplies as indicated on a regular basis.
- Creates and types Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations for various meetings and presentations.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Serves as the liaison to the administration and other external and internal groups. Assist with or manage Basic Science related activities/projects as required. Foster a team spirit and a high level of morale by conducting self in an exemplary fashion.
- Provides onboarding and assists with scheduling the required trainings for new faculty/staff.
- Coordinates faculty vacation schedules to ensure clinical cross coverage has been obtained. Prepares faculty leave forms for the Office of the Vice Dean to approve and track.
- Coordinates and communicates with the Administrative Manager regarding any human resources, purchasing, records control, projects, budget accounting, compliance, space, and equipment issues and operations.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in the resolution of day-to-day problems and interprets operating policies.
- Assists with transactional financial processes including, but not limited to: creation of purchase orders, check requests, reimbursements, tuition remission, shopping carts, capital requests, and invoices (AP and/or AR) under the guidance of the Administrative Manager and Administrative Program Coordinators for basic science.
- Provides Office of the Vice Dean in Baltimore or Administrative Program Coordinators for basic science needed financial information for grants and progress reports.
- Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division.
- Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the division.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Listens to faculty and laboratory needs and responds in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Provides timely feedback to the appropriate customer in a clear and concise manner.
- Uses professional judgment in providing information based on the situation and is sensitive to individual and organizational concerns.
- Consistently ensures that information known about the customer is kept private and confidential.
- High School Diploma/GED,
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
- Some College coursework preferred.
- Experience in Academic Medical Setting.
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP, databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Prior work within Johns Hopkins.
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range:
$17.59 - $24.80/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
M-F; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
Department name: All Childrens
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/St_-Petersburg-Administrative-Coordinator-FL-33701/823829000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.