The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking an Administrative Coordinator who will provide a high level administrative support to the Administrator, and Assistant Administrator at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Emergency Medicine Department. This role will coordinate office services, administrative activities, payroll support, and coordinate onboarding for various programs in the department.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsible for answering ED Administration office phone lines.
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings for the department administrator and assistant administrator.
- Coordinates onboarding for new providers and residents (e.g., occ health appointments, badge appointments, swipe access, etc)
- Coordinates parking access, badge access, scrub lab coat orders, and payroll for providers.
- Organizes, coordinates, and maintains records for geriatric emergency medicine (GEM) accreditation meetings.
- Coordinate and provide various general office services, e.g., payroll, purchasing, records control, office moves/renovations, repairs and maintenance.
- Assists with geriatric emergency medicine educational initiatives with respect to planning, scheduling, and tracking staff completion.
- In coordination with Unit Services Coordinator and geriatric ED medical director/nursing champion, helps to maintain geriatric specific equipment.
- Provides administrative support for the FAST residency, ultrasound program, and educational initiatives for faculty.
- Supports Bayview faculty work for international projects.
- Exercise independent judgment in prioritization of projects/events. Initiate, develop and prepares agendas; prepare and distributes materials. Provide follow-up information regarding committee actions and decisions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, space and furniture is always in a state of readiness.
- Interprets and communicates operating policies.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars and other office support software.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, and statistical packages and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Develop and recommend administrative processes/procedures to assure efficiency in general office operations.
- Monitor and track expenses according to the department's budget, resolving issues, collecting information for budget projections and development.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations.
- Prepare meeting materials, including but not limited to agendas. Record and draft minutes. Monitor and follow up on action items.
- Assist with planning special events/functions, including workshops and conferences and Coordinate the preparations, set up and logistics for these events/functions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knows the formal and informal department goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division.
- Is sensitive to the inter-relationship of both people and functions within the department.
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma/GED and three years of related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Preferred Qualifications
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications
- Two years of college and five years of related experience desired.
- Skilled level of competencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
- Proficient at SAP & KRONOS systems preferred.
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE Starting Hourly Pay Ray:
$17.59 - $24.80/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM Em Med General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21224/822331700/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.