The Administrative Coordinator for External Affairs at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics will play a support role for all External Affairs activities within the institute, including communications, events, and fund-raising support. The Administrative Coordinator will need to be skilled in multiple areas, including general Microsoft Office knowledge, events management, and ability to work within a web content management portal. The Administrative Coordinator will also be asked to be a positive contributing citizen of the larger Institute, supporting its needs as they evolve.
- Maintain electronic calendars for members of the department.
- Make travel arrangements and build trip itineraries for members of the department.
- Schedule all meetings relevant to the department, create necessary documents, and distribute materials prior to meeting.
- Mail and distribute letters and memos to the appropriate individuals, both internally and externally.
- Manage donor stewardship messaging, birthdays, and other thank you communications.
- Perform mail merge projects from standard letters and correspondence.
- Photocopy and distribute documents to appropriate individuals and pick-up and deliver materials throughout the campus as needed.
- Work with the Sr. Director and the Marketing and Communications Manager to make sure the Berman Institute website is kept as up to date as possible.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure that the Berman Institute's social media channels are kept vibrant and continually updated.
- Manage the distribution of all annual solicitations.
- Ensure that all gifts are properly recorded in Aladin, receipted, and stewarded.
- Run fundraising progress and research reports when requested.
- Keep Berman's prospect records up to date in Aladin.
- Track all gifts appropriately in Aladin, and report on pledge payment schedules when requested.
- Manage gift agreement process.
- Work with the Sr. Director and Assistant Director of External Affairs to ensure that all events are properly planned for and executed.
- Manage the day-of-event effort by ensuring that event space is prepared, food is delivered and cleaned up, and event space is returned to its prior state.
- Create a welcoming environment for all guest at events and ensure that all guest questions or requests are responded to in a timely, friendly fashion.
- When asked, assist with managing the front desk-greet all visitors to the BI, answer main multi-line telephone and direct calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in facilitated related activities
- Assist with inventory, purchasing, and other administrative duties
- Provide administrative support for events to include print materials and other tasks as assigned by Administrator
- Serve as liaison between BI and other administrative and financial contacts at the University
- Process travel and expense reimbursements in Concur
- Monitor track and research outstanding reimbursements and follow up as needed
- Coordinate and process non-employee reimbursements
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Three years related administrative experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Working Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10003927-Berman Inst of Bioethics-Dev/Comm
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21205/820952300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.