We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator who will be a member of the Office of Medical Student Affairs, Office of Medical Student Diversity, and Office of Housing and Residential Life team. These offices, within the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, have a fast-paced, highly collaborative, executive environment. The Administrative Coordinator contributes to the offices by multitasking, offering administrative support, and helping coordinate projects/events.
The position requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to respond to complex, multi-variable issues with diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality. This position plays a critical role in a team-based and cross-trained environment, with the goal of supporting the medical student population and advancing the goals of the Office of Medical Student Affairs and the Office of Medical Student Diversity.
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Director for Medical Student Services and Housing, provide support to one Associate Dean and three Assistant Deans, and work closely with staff and other stakeholders to advance common goals of supporting students and ensuring smooth operations within the Office of Medical Student Affairs and Office of Medical Student Diversity.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Serves as a primary point of contact for the Office of Medical Student Affairs and Office of Medical Student Diversity.
- Serves as front-line representative to the medical student population and the general public.
- Coordinates applications, under strict deadlines, for fourth year medical students applying for residency.
- Assists Director and Budget Specialist with development, review processes, and process improvmenet for applications, development and dissemination of information for applicants, collection and entering of data, compilation of reports, and maintenance of records.
- Prepares spreadsheets and reports for programs and projects.
- Supports special projects as required.
- Manages and oversees the nomination process for awards, which includes arranging and coordinating meetings, preparing meeting materials, corresponding with departments, sending out award letters, etc.
- Schedules appointments for the Director and four Deans, including regularly occurring and ad hoc internal and external meetings, speaking engagements, events, etc.
- Independently resolves schedule conflicts, prioritize requests, and confirms and tracks event and meeting details.
- Ensures that email is correctly acknowledged and tracked in a timely manner.
- Vets and resolves student complaints and suggestions.
- Drafts, proofreads, and/or edits documents and correspondence, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and standardized formatting.
- Resolves routing administrative issues and problems.
- Coordinates complex meetings; prepares, organizes, and distributes meeting materials and agendas; and ensures that Deans and Director are fully prepared for meeting.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files for the program and organizes records in compliance with University and School policies on records retention.
- Replies to requests for information from internal or external sources.
- Maintains professional relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, to include leadership, administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicates information to students via e-mail.
- Tracks student status and updates necessary files and office records.
- Supports events including location and catering logistics.
- Coordinates travel logistics for Deans and Director, including transportations, accommodations, and meals; schedules meetings, creates itineraries, and prepares other support materials as necessary.
- Sorts, files, and distributes mail.
- Provides back-up to the administrative/housing coordinator and budget specialist as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and
- Three (3) years related experience
- Additional education may substitute for some experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula*.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working on a wide variety of projects.
- Experience planning student-focused events is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent computer skills.
- On a regular basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results that impact the office and the quality of service.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as a member of team.
- Develop institutional relationships based on a level of understanding and knowledge of the University and its internal and external relationships.
- Communicate regularly with individuals and groups across the JH institutions and with external constituents.
- Exchange and coordinate information using tact, accuracy, clarity, and persuasion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range:
$17.59 - $24.80/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Admin Student Affairs General Admin
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21205/818276800/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.