The Department of Pathology is seeking an Administrative Coordinator who performs activities for one or more pathology faculty and assigned staff. Interprets operating policies; exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems, prioritizing workload, billing, travel and expense reconciliation, purchasing supplies, coordinates special events or programs, such as: seminars, training programs, luncheons, travel, etc.
The Administrative Coordinator provides secretarial support to faculty and staff including correspondence, manuscripts, record keeping and filing, and travel. Understands HIPAA and departmental specific policies relating to medical records including any discussion, faxing and handling of patient medical records. Customer service representative duties including but not limited to call for reports, specimens, interface with patients, clinicians, internal contacts and outside institutions. Grant and proposal support; including grant application process and progress reports; as well as staff travel and logistical support for trainings.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Supports their faculty supervisor, other faculty and team in customer service, purchasing, billing and records control.
- Various functions involved with handling of materials received for clinical and research purposes.
- Monitors spending and reconciles budgets monthly in order to control expenses.
- Responsible for answering the telephone and handling incoming mail or related communications; and helping set up conference calls.
- Assistants/ departmental staff, administrative assistants, couriers, as well as contacts throughout the department, university, and hospital; as well as investigators and site personnel at one or more international clinical research sites.
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations.
- Helps coordinate and provide document management.
- Create, maintain, & analyze electronic and paper record keeping systems including retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, updating, and destruction of files; creating new systems or revising established procedures as needed. Follows all policies for maintenance and storage of historical documents.
- Assists and coordinates activity in preparation of grant applications interfacing with the Dept grants administration. Helps prepare and review budget justifications. Maintains grant application and related documentation (pre & post award)
- Composes agendas, documents, and routine correspondence, and memos from dictation or handwritten copy. Prepare & distribute agendas, meeting minutes & reminders for meetings.
- Greets and assists all visitors. Serving as a liaison between laboratory and vendors, other departments, and outside organizations.
- Maintains equipment and service contracts including computers, office and laboratory equipment. Monitors office and clinic supplies and making best use of supply inventory and cost conscious purchases/budgets. Maintains ordering records, catalogs, vendors.
- Coordinates account reconciliation, submission of payment/invoice, reimbursements, and ordering requests to SAP, manages assigned spending/P-card account.
- Accountable for standards of service excellence; including but not limited to patient or interpersonal relations, teamwork, communication, continuous performance improvement, and self management & accountability.
- Assists the Clinical Trial Coordinator /Regulatory Coordinator and team with regulatory needs at assigned locations (international).
- Assists with special events planning and trainings. Makes travel accommodations and arrangements as needed; as well as logistic support for trainings.
- Operates personal computer to access email, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. SAP transactions including order of supplies (Shopping Cart).
- Grant support including various systems (example; COEUS). Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Utilizes Internet to search for information, contacts for research, and clinical consultation, and equipment resources. Uses telephone and voice mail frequently to perform job duties.
- Needs to know the campus locations, travel to many buildings to deliver documents and important materials each day.
- Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures that may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division.
- Needs to have familiarity with interlibrary loan and medical library areas and systems.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years related experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the * JHU Equivalency Formula
: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- AS or BS Degree.
- Experience working in support of medical professionals in a clinical and/or academic environment, strongly desired.
- Previous experience working with Pathology or similar healthcare or research environment is helpful.
- Administrative professional with intermediate to advanced office skills including: typing, editing/proofreading, filing.
- Experience working in patient care environments.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, telephone, typing.
- Working as a member of a dynamic team.
- Must demonstrate advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of SAP, and Epic highly desired.
- Knowledge of Endnote reference manager system and PubMed web-based searches highly desired.
- Knowledge of grant/proposal application systems (ex; COEUS). As this individual works in a patient care setting they must be knowledgeable of HIPAA, pathology medical records policy, quality assurance and confidentiality policies.
- While this position works primarily in an office environment, there is activity in Laboratory environments - Exposure to toxins and infectious agents exist, but potential for personal injury or harm is minimized if established safety and health precautions are followed.
- Working in laboratory where there may be discomforts due to odors, noise, temperature fluctuations, and working around lab equipment.
- Staff may be required to complete annual competency review, and must insure compliance with Hospital Policy, Laboratory Policy & Procedure, Health, Safety & Environment regulations, and all applicable privacy & confidentiality laws/practices.
- Many department laboratories operate 24/7 with schedules on day, evening, or night shift.
- Rotating schedules which may include weekend work and holiday assignment. (Overtime mandatory when authorized/needed to meet business and patient needs).
- This is a required attendance position - in the event of unexpected university closings including inclement weather or declared emergency, the employee in this position is required to report to work and/or remain at work and may be required to work additional hours.
- This position follows JHU/SOM CO time and attendance work rules.
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range:
$15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Pat HIV Clinical and Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21287/817779500/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.