Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $300 million, fast growing for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1600 professionals in 49 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career. PCG has been consistently profitable and grown by double digit amounts over its 29 years of existence. As a member of PCG's Corporate Accounting group you will be one of 26 professionals including three CPA's and one CMA. This position will be located at PCG's headquarters in Downtown Boston.
Position Title: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reviews and approves reconciliations performed by accounting staff. These activities may include accounts payable and receivable; general ledger maintenance; financial analysis and reporting; budgeting, revenue, and asset accounting.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closes.
• Manages project accounting (project rates, project approval and set-up).
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates monthly and annual close processes
• Ensures compliance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
• Recommends accounting process improvements and ensure adequate documentation of accounting procedures.
• Acts as key contact to outside auditing firm and banks.
• Provides accounting guidance to subsidiary companies.
• Assists with accounting system upgrades/design of accounting system interfaces.
• Supervises and delegates work within the accounting department.
• Assists with integration of newly acquired entities and special projects as assigned.
• Reviews financial reports and accounting statements to ensure their accuracy.
• Provides technical expertise and advice to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
• Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors (e.g., accounting firms) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
• Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of accounting professionals to ensure accounting activities are completed accurately and on time.
On a monthly basis, reconcile bank accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets and other reconciliations as needed.
Provide general ledger and reporting assistance to financial staff of subsidiary companies.
Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and recommend accounting process improvements.
Prepare weekly and monthly reports to management.
Reconcile intercompany accounts and billings
Ensure revenue recognition is consistent with PCG practice and policies.
Coordinate project billings with project managers.
Responsibilities may change as the department and PCG grow and as deemed necessary by management.
Effective Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams.
Ability to work effectively with, and communicate with all levels of management.
Must have the ability to manage task load with frequent interruptions.
Must maintain attention to detail at all times.
Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
Possess discretion to work with confidential information.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
• Leadership skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills with the ability to establish relationships with co-workers and work effectively in a professional team environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
5+ years of public accounting experience; Prior supervisory experience
Certification: CPA Required