SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland, RI where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is life's best accessory.
The Accountant is accountable for supporting the overall daily and periodic accounting in respect of work order variance processing, cycle counting, product costing and vendor invoices. The accountant supports the senior accountant in performing monthly and annual closing including account reconciliations for all internal manufacturing entities and supports the period reporting and Sox controls review as required.
- Provide oversight to the work order process and link with inventory control analyst and planning team to ensure timely closure of work orders in view of periodic accounting period closure,
- Provide selection for the daily cycle counts per facility, ensuring all items are covered on timing basis and in compliance with cycle count risk matrix managed by the cost analyst
- Process costing / Engineering Change Notice request of products
- Process approved IA journal entries for posting
- Support Sr Accountant with periodic closing and account reconciliations
- Optimize postings from Coupa procurement system and summarize opportunities for optimization
- Manage externally located fixed assets tie out to ledger balance
- Analyze, track and process inventory adjustment requests.
- Analyze and prepare daily Work Order Variance that get booked to the P&L.
- Track and process daily cycle count result.
- Assist senior accountant in researching daily B/S accounts movements
- Prepare standard month end journal entries.
- Assist in standardizing and evolving operations processes across facilities
- Assist in researching P&L as needed
- Assist in compiling month end reports as needed.
- Assist in various audits as needed
- Support special projects and analysis as required by Manager, US Jewelry Manufacturing Finance.
- Provide support to Periodic Sox testing and review cycle as well as local site compliance matters
- Actively seek and propose for solutions aiming to improve processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years Cost Accounting or related financial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbally and written
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during monthly and year-end closings, as well as for special assignments when business needs require
- Knowledge of JD Edwards system and other support software/applications