Reading View. Press Alt Shift A for accessibility help.
PURPOSE: To perform the production process in order to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and client/customer expectations.
· Operate the forklift in a safe and efficient manner
· Communicate efficiently with the print line operators to ensure that the proper materials and queued up in the correct order.
· Perform daily and periodic maintenance checks on the forklift and support the maintenance team during major repairs or scheduled preventive maintenance
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Learn and execute receiving procedure for trucks in computer system, trailer report, receiving log
· Load and unload trucks as necessary
· Inspect and verify materials loads prior to receiving
· Sort and identify wood parts by size and style of parts finish
· Cross train in other machine centers as requested
· Train new or back-up material handlers as needed
· Train new or back-up forklift operators
· Assist in all areas as needed.
· Maintain warehouse integrity via transactional quality and correct placement of incoming material.
· Must learn to operate computer related software.
· Must be forklift certified by AWC
· Support the mission/vision of the company through daily tasks and behavior that aligns with the company culture and CITE principles
· Be willing to participate in BBS activities and on BBS teams.
· Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor or other member of plant leadership
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
1. High School Diploma/GED preferred, in lieu of education, extensive knowledge of all processes associated within the scope of the respective team may be considered
2. Manufacturing/work experience and willingness to learn to operate required positions in the team assigned
3. Record of successful team support, meeting work performance expectations and commitment toward continuous improvement
4. Experience performing duties in a team environment committed to positive performance and SQDC goal achievement
5. Demonstrate behavior that supports the company's core values and CITE principles
6. Has excellent communication skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook preferred
Must read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as packing lists, manifests, bills of lading, pallet tickets, or job orders. Must communicate effectively with co-workers and customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints.
Use basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to such tasks as inventory control, material ordering, and job order verification.
Perceive problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, crouch, use stairs to access work area, stand, bend, reach and feel with hands and arms and walk for entirety of shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and requires the use of hearing protection. Safety protection, glasses, hearing, and gloves are required. Overtime required per overtime policy as production demands.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability, which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the
essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled