Job ID: 282819
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This role is responsible for ensuring the proper mechanical functioning of plant equipment and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical/electronic malfunctions, completing appropriate repairs and maintenance. This is a second shift position in which normal hours usually run from 12pm - 8:30pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair of all existing electrical and mechanical equipment in the production area
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Operate mechanical tasks as directed by supervisor
- Prepare maintenance reports for management as directed
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other facility personnel
- Replace or repair faulty electrical and mechanical components of machine
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical and mechanical equipment according to manufacturer's specifications
- Maintain proper stock of tools and electrical parts to perform routine work
- Weld and fabricate as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent or completion of technical school or equivalent in training, experience and education
- At least 2 years of industrial experience in electrical or mechanical support functions
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical and mechanical operations and components
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints
- Full knowledge of three phase 480 volt equipment
- Working knowledge of three phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, computer interfaces and National Electrical Code
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs
- Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting
- Ability to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 12, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Kansas City Job Segment:
Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, Supply, Machinist, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.